Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Homemade Weed Killer

I've never been much for putting chemicals on our yard, but weeds are my enemy.  I researched a lot of homemade weed killers.  I found this one and it worked like a charm! 


Homemade Weed Killer:
4 cups Vinegar
1/4 cup borox
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
Mix together and place in spray bottle


This is what I started off with.  I have pulled these stubborn weeds many a time, and they always come right back.



Here is what it looked like just 24 hours after spraying.
After 48 hours the weeds were completely dead and easy to pull out of the ground.  I sprayed the rest of the rock area in hopes that nothing will come up in the dead weed space.  Keep in mind this solution will kill grass too, so make sure you only spray what you want to kill!

Here is the end product.  It looks so much better!  We will see what happens in a couple weeks.  Crossing my fingers the weeds stay away.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are blogging again! I read your blog every day and decided not to delete the bookmark when you left, in the hopes you would return. A lot of the blogs I used to read that have left, have returned during Covid-19 -- a bright spot in such a horrid pandemic. Welcome back and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You too. Tough times, just hoping to shed some helpful tips and encouragement to those who are struggling! Thanks for your comment! Take care.

    ReplyDelete