Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth Day Clean Up

I have to start off by saying how proud I am of my 2 older boys. They are awesome. Sometimes they roll their eyes at me when I tell them to go turn off their lights or put their backpacks away. However, on Wednesday when I proposed that we were going to go over to the park and go on a picnic dinner and then clean up trash they didn't even bat an eye. They were all about it!

We spent some time at the playground and then enjoyed a nice dinner of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and strawberries. After dinner we headed out to clean up trash. Tony dove right in and was halfway across the park when the rest of us started. Even Jake was getting into some pretty tight spaces to get some garbage.We went on a nature hike and picked up trash along the trail.I was amazed at how much they got. They made it into a contest to see who could get the most trash. Everyone felt really good when we were done. And believe it or not, I think they all had a good time!

1 comment: