Sunday, April 19, 2009

Earth Day

(This is taken from my other blog. I wanted to ask all my frugal readers if they had any ideas or plans for Earth Day. If you are a reader of both blogs, sorry for the double post!)

Earth Day is April 22. I have been thinking alot about this day because I think it is important for my kids to be aware of our earth and take steps to help take care of it. I was thinking that we could do something special as a family on this day. And since it is going to be family night (Wednesday) it will work out perfect! My thought right now is to go to the park next door to us and pick up trash as one activity we can do together.

I also found some great websites of things to do with your children. From crafts, to songs, to coloring pages there is lots of things to do. Here are a couple of sites you can check out if your looking for things to do.

DLTK's Earth Day Activites
Enchanted Learning
Making Friends (craft ideas)
Kaboose
About.com

What about you? Do you have any plans for Earth Day? I would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment