Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fareway Deals 4/21-4/27

Welcome Grocery Gathering readers! Here is a list of current deals that I see at Fareway. I use central Iowas ad when making this list. My store takes printable coupons as well as manufacturer coupons from the paper. Please check your local ad to confirm these deals in your area. I know they run different ads in different locations. Meat
Chicken Hindquarters 10 lb $3.90
in ad coupon (Stock up!)

Dairy
Fastco Cottage Cheese 24 oz $.99
Large Eggs $.99

Drinks
Powerade 10 for $8.00
in ad coupon for "Buy 10 get 5 free"
= 15 for $8.00 or $.53 each

7-UP, Dr. Pepper and Sunkist 2 lt $.99

Produce
Cucumbers $.50
Fresh Green Beans $.79 lb
Braeburn Apples $.79 lb
Broccoli Crowns $.99 lb
Strawberries .88 lb!!!
I am so excited to see this!! (Stock Up!)
For some cute snack ideas with strawberries look here.

Grocery
Kellogg's Cereal (Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies and Cookie Crunch) $1.68
- $1.00 (4/05 RP)
= $.68

Ken's Salad Dressing $1.88
- $1.00 (3/08 SS)
= $.88

Ortega Taco Seasoning 3 for $2.00 or about $.67 each
- $.75/2 (4/19 SS)
= 3 for $1.25 or 2 for .59
(Stock Up!)

Coney or Hamburger Buns $.97
Musselmans Applessauce 24 oz $1.50

Frozen
Totino's Pizza Rolls 7.5 oz $1.00
- $.35 (2/08 GM)
= $.65

See any other deals I missed? Feel free to email me or leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. What do you make with chicken hindquarters? That seems like a great price for chicken, I just don't know what to make with that part of the chicken. :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I make lots of stuff with them!

    1. You can marinate them in Italian dressing and then grill them.
    2. You can rub them with olive oil add a little salt and pepper and bake them in the oven. The skin is very crispy and delicious.
    3. You can boil them and make chicken and noodle soup. I did this last month, 4 hindquarters were perfect for my family, with leftovers also.
    4. You can boil them and then pull it for chicken sandwiches. Add BBQ sauce for another option.

    Hopefully this helps out. I would definately stock up if you have the freezer space!

    ReplyDelete