Monday, April 6, 2009

Washing Dishes

At my house, my older boys are in charge of doing the dishes each night after dinner. I find myself constantly hollering at them "Turn the water off!" or "You don't have to have the water on full blast!" or even more "There is nothing on that fork, why are you running it under the water?". My dishwasher is not the type of washer you can just scrape the plate off and put in the rack. We have to do a little pre-rinsing to help it out.

As simple of an idea as this is, I never thought of it until now. Fill one side of the sink up with water. Then instead of running the water to rinse off every plate, bowl and fork they can just dip it, and put it in the dishwasher. Eliminating running the water at all!

1 comment:

  1. The simplest ideas are what makes moms seem so smart!

    With my kids they - for some reason - think they need to wash the dishes before they put them in the dishwasher. I'm talking dish soap and everything. It's like - your either going to wash them with soap in the sink or wash them with soap in the dishwasher - but it's not necessary to do both. And why do you need to use hot water? Your just rinsing them off. They will get plenty of hot water in the dishwasher. Kids!

    ReplyDelete