Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Weekly Shopping Trip 5/19

I wasn't real excited about my deals for this week. I was feeling a little down actually because I spent more than I wanted to and I broke some of my "rules" I had for myself regarding my pantry challenge this month. I couldn't pass up 3 packages of meat at Target that were on clearance. I also stocked up on mustard even though I still have one in the pantry (great deal at Fareway, 40 oz for $.99 - $.75 coupon making them $.24). And I bought some ice cream at Wal-Mart. They have Breyers for $2.25. There are $1.00 and $.75 MC out there, making it a cheap little treat! Plus I had to buy some more expensive items like cat litter ($6) and moth balls for my garden($5). I think I am still going to be under my goal of $250 for the month, unless I go nuts next week. I just spent a little more last night than I have the last couple weeks.

Here is the breakdown. I didn't divide my stores up for the picture. I just took one group photo of everything I bought for the night.

Total before coupons...$122.61
Total after coupons...$78.95
Total spent out of "grocery" budget...$70.00
Total spent on groceries for the month...$140.00
Grocery money left to spend...$110.00

As you can see I bought a few extras that were not included in the grocery category. I did get a great deal on a pair of swim trunks for my oldest son at Target for $3.24. I also bought myself a utensil holder on clearance at Wal-Mart for $2 and also some flowers for a planter in my front yard.

Linked to Super Savings Saturday at Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment