Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Savings on DIY Projects (Our Dryer)

I am so proud of my hubby because he was able to fix our dryer. It has not been working for almost one week which is not a good thing when you have 4 young boys in the house. I had my FIL look at it on Sunday and he thought it looked like the belt was worn.

So yesterday after work hubby and I drove into the repair shop and bought a new belt. Our friend was over helping us install a new window (another super savings project) and helped Will attach the new belt. He got everything put back together and the dryer worked again!

To have the repair man come out and just look at the dryer would have cost $50. That is not including what it would have cost for that parts and labor. We spent a total of $16.79 doing it ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment