Saturday, August 1, 2009

Garden Update


My garden is doing great. Here is just a sampling of what I picked one day last week. I think each day I pick at least 6-8 cucumbers. I can't keep up with them.

We are getting lots of hot peppers. Today Will made a huge batch of salsa. 2 jars we kept out and I canned 4 more jars. We still have lots of peppers still to use. I am sure we will be canning much more salsa in the weeks to come!

The melons are doing wonderful. I will get out there tomorrow to take some pictures. I am so excited with how well they are doing. Thankfully the deer have left them alone for the most part. The strawberries are a different story. They still love to nibble on them.

My blight has not completely killed off the tomatoes. I actually have some turning red now. We picked some today to add to the salsa. I have gotten quite a few grape tomatoes which have had a really great flavor.

How is your garden doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment