Monday, August 31, 2009

Printing Photos

This is a guest post written by Tracy who blogs at http://tracyannephotography.blogspot.com/
Thank you Tracy!

I’m addicted. Some would say I have a problem. Why? I have roughly 5,962 photos on my computer… and that’s only the last two years. An avid scrapbooker, I take hundreds of photos. As a professional photographer I take thousands more.

When it comes to my personal scrapbooking photos, I’m always looking for the best deal on prints. I can’t see spending a lot of money when I’m going to crop, trim and embellish them. My high-quality prints are framed and hanging on my wall.

Through the years I’ve compared several photo processing places and thought I’d share my learnings with all of you. All prices are for standard 4x6 prints.

Snapfish.com: 9 cents a piece (first 20 uploaded are free)

Walmart.com: 9 cents a piece (and they deliver to your house!)
Also offer one hour in-store pick up.

Shutterfly.com: 15 cents a piece (first 25 uploaded are free)

Kodak Gallery.com: 15 cents a piece (first 20 uploaded are free)
Join their Gallery Premier Print Plan and pay only 10 cents a piece

Walgreens.com: 19 cents a piece (less than 99 prints) 15 cents a piece (100 prints or more)

Target.com: Price varies: prints at KodakGallery, Shutterfly or PhotoBucket
My question – why go through Target at all when you can go straight to the printers they use?

They all offer various photo products (collages, posters, canvases, t-shirts, coffee cups, ect), different finishes (matte vs glossy), and different means of distribution (home delivery, in-store pick up, ect). Once you know the price points, it really comes down to personal preference.

Happy photographing!

Visit Tracy at http://tracyannephotography.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment