Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homemade Applesauce

Thanks for all the tips on what to do with the apples I got! Here is the first of many batches of applesauce. It is really good.

Here is how I made my homemade applesauce.

I peeled the apples and then just cut the 4 sides off, leaving the core. Place them all into a large stock pot. I added about 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water and cooked on low for approximately 35 minutes stirring frequently so it doesn't scorch.Here is how it turned out.I did use my potato masher a few times to get the big chunks of apple to mash up a bit. I do like my applesauce a little on the chunky side so you probably could cook it for a little longer if you want it smoother.

2 comments:

  1. Homemade applesauce is so yummy! I've made it with my son before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking out my crockpot to do the dirty work in a couple days. We like it chunky, too.

    ReplyDelete