Thursday, September 3, 2009

Price Comparison

Today I ran to Wal-Mart to price check some diapers. I knew I could stack come Huggies coupons at Target (I had a $1.50 MC off plus I could combine this with the $1.50 Target coupon = a $3 savings) so I wanted to make sure I was getting a good deal.

At Target they have Huggies on sale for $8.99. For a size 5 diaper there are 32 diapers in the package. With my coupons it would be $5.99 averaging $.19 per diaper. At Walmart I found that the Walmart brand diapers were $18 for the huge box, 116 diapers. These diapers averaged out to be about $.16 per diaper. This was obviously a better deal than Targets sale on Huggies even with the stacking of coupons!

Even though stacking coupons can give you lots of savings it still may not be the best deal out there. Lots of times coupons are offered for already high priced items. It is wise to always compare the unit price to make sure you are getting the best deal.

Another important thing to remember is to be flexible and try not to be brand specific if at all possible. For me, we can be flexible on what diapers we use. My son doesn't have allergies or sensitivies so we are able switch back and forth.

Linked to Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment