Monday, January 11, 2010

My Day

This is how my day went.

Woke up to a water main break outside and low water pressure followed by NO water in the house. This lasted all morning.

Went to the dentist for a sore tooth thinking it was just a cavity. I am scheduled for a root canal on Wednesday.

Came home to youngest son still not feeling well after 6 1/2 days of a fever. Took his temp it was 103.5. Spent the next 3 hours cuddling him.

Youngest son had doctor apt at 3pm, couldn't find the source of the fever, we'll wait it out and see what happens. Realized while there I forgot to set the fish out to thaw for dinner tonight.

On the way home from the doctors office there was an accident on our turn off, the road was closed, so I had to take a detour. All I wanted was to be home because my head was really starting to hurt.

Home finally, my head is throbbing, youngest is wimpering, the the last thing I want to do is figure out what to make for dinner.

Hubby went off to pick up Subway and McDonalds while I sat and cuddled my baby. Hey, I said it was a pantry challenge not a no spend challenge right? I hate being weak...


  1. that 's not weak. that's the environment around you letting you down. the challenge only works when the environment stays the same. how the water now?

  2. Hey, you are one of the strongest women I know. Hope today is better. Hope Drew Bug is better, too. Love you, Anita

  3. Hey, you weren't weak! You did what you had to do to take care of yourself and your children. The pantry challenge is just for fun... life is real, you know?
    Hope you're all feeling better ASAP.

  4. What an awful day! So sorry. I would have done the same thing. I hope your son is better today, fevers for that long are scary.

  5. That is a rough day. I began experimenting with making my own version of the Bertoli frozen dinners last week, and while the first try was meatless, it went well. I cooked pasta al dente, rinsed it and curled it into little nests and froze them separately. Then I made small ice cubes of homemade marinara. Then froze some small chunks of cheese. I put the noodles and sauce in a large bag with the cheese in a small pouch inside the bag.

    When it came time to cooke, I put the noodles and sauce in the pan with a quarter cup of water and heated it, covered on medium for 10 minutes, then stirred it together and added cheese, cooking it uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the cheese was melted, it was hot, and not too runny. I know it means that you have to have made it in advance, but it is healthier and cheaper than the ones at the store.