Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Antsy

I am getting very excited now that I can actually see grass on the ground! Months of snow has made me feel a little down and I am ready to get outside in the sun and get to working. There are so many outside activities I want to get going on as soon as the snow all melts, the ground thaws and the temperatures get a little warmer.

I am really antsy about getting my chicken coop built. I am scheduled to pick up my chicks in a couple weeks. I will house them in the garage for a few weeks before moving them outside. I really need some cooperation from mother nature. I am hoping to have the coop built by April 15th at the latest.

I also need to dig up 2 new areas where we will be putting our herb gardens. My large garden will need to be tilled although I am thinking this will be awhile since it will be a complete mud bath back there for awhile. The straw will need to be pulled off the strawberry beds, raspberries will need to find a new home, the list goes on and on.

There's a whole lot of work to be done, but I love every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Does your coop need any wiring? I know a great electrician...!

    ReplyDelete