Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chickens ~2 Weeks

Here are my lovely chickens. I have had them for 2 weeks now and my have they changed! Their cute soft down is almost all gone. Now they have feathers on their wings and tails. If you look closely you can see tiny combs growing on the tops of their heads. They all seem to be doing well. They are very busy. They have been hopping around and trying to fly around the tub. We have even seen them roosting on the waterer. I think I am going to have to make some small roosting polls for them to sit on. Quarters are getting pretty crowded so I am hoping the chicken house will be ready in the next couple weeks so we can move them out there. After working on it all weekend here is where we are at.Just a few things left on the house and then the run needs to be made. Below are the pics of each of the breeds of birds I have.

Light Brahma.Barred Plymouth Rock.
Buff Orpington.


2 comments:

  1. How on earth did you get them to pose for their picture? Loved the message today. Grandma A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, they are so cute! I love your coop. I can't wait to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete