Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Days of Nothing Day 26

Yesterday I took the kids to the mall to play at the indoor play area. We had made a deal before we left the house that there would be no whining for pretzels (Auntie Anne's is out tradition, if we make a trip to the mall, we get a pretzel). The kids did pretty good. I took a substitute snack along and that seemed to work ok. There was just a little bit of begging, but no fits. I think it was actually harder for me. I had to sit there and smell the pretzels the whole time the kids played. Mouth watering...

While at the mall we stopped in at Target so I could see what they had available for space heaters. While there I browsed the little girl section, seeing 75% off signs. I had to walk away. I just kept telling myself, it will be even cheaper at garage sales in a few months.

We also had to go to the feed store because the chickens were out of food. I went ahead and got our cat food there as well. Total spent...$42.16. I had $19 that I had earned from selling eggs. I used that towards the total cost. It would be nice to sell enough eggs to pay for their food.

I forgot to mention that we went to a spaghetti dinner the other night. It was to support my nephews boy scout troop. We did give a donation. I felt that is was well worth it though, supporting a good cause.

4 comments:

  1. you are ROCKING this challenge! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning a lot from your posting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of your whole family it is only 4days away. So you have been awesome!!!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. It has been a good experience.

    ReplyDelete