Monday, February 21, 2011

Saving Money on Gas

Gas in my town is now up over $3 a gallon. It costs well over $50 to fill my van up with fuel. I have been really bad at making multiple trips to the store and running errands throughout the week. I am feeling the burn each time I have to fill up.

I am going to try and do a better job at clumping my errands together. I also need to get back to doing my once a week grocery shopping. This will not only save on gas, but it will save me from buying alot of extra food we don't really need.

It is important to limit your driving as much as possible. It will not only help the environment but it will help your pocketbook as well.

This post is linked to Frugal Tuesday Tip.

2 comments:

  1. I need to do the same thing. My problem is I work a temp job occassionally that is a split shift, an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon with 2 1/2 hours in between. The extra money helps add to my unemployment but I have to decide if I should drive home 3 miles or stay in town.

    ReplyDelete