Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grocery Shopping

I have been trying to limit my time in the grocery store here lately. I thought my goal would be to shop only once a month for groceries. However, realistically I will have to probably go at least twice a month to get milk and fresh produce.

I also like to stock up on the good deals when I see them. So this means I will have to stray away from the once a month shopping to get in on these deals. For instance at the beginning of this month I stocked up on milk, strawberries, bananas, and grapes. I figured this would last me about 2 weeks. Today I headed back in to get more milk and stock up on butter and peanut butter that were at rock bottom prices. I bought 10 pounds of butter and 4 containers of peanut butter. If I stuck to the once a month shopping then I would be missing out on these great deals and essentially be paying a whole lot more by buying them when they aren't on sale.

So my goal is to shop once a week and only get what is on our list of must haves as well as any items that I see at rock bottom prices. This week it was butter, peanut butter and toothpaste. I also try and shop at the bulk food store once every 2-3 months and I order some items from a co-op I belong to monthly (mostly produce).

I used to have one night a week I went shopping. My hope is that I can get back at this and be a little more prepared. Having a list and my coupons organized and easily available will help me get the best savings possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment