Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekly Grocery Shopping

I am still trying to stay within my $200 grocery budget for May. The first week I did really well only spending about $36. Last week was a little crazy and I spent way more than I anticipated.

Last weekend my husband wanted to smoke some meat and I forgot to pull it out of the freezer. He ended up spending about $50 on meat and ingredients. I took lunch up to my in-laws house and bought a few snack items and spent about $21. I also went to the store and bought strawberries, bananas and yogurt spending about $11. So for the week I came in around $82.

I headed to Trader Joe's today since I was out that way anyway. I decided to go ahead and stock up on my strawberries while I was out there. The kids and I eat smoothies a few times a week and this is the best place at the moment to buy organic berries. Soon I will be able to buy at the Farmer's Market and also pick them in my own garden.

So I bought 10 bags of strawberries, 2 bags of raspberries, 2 quarts of yogurt, russet potatoes and sweet potatoes, all organic for $38.

Total spent for the month is $156. Starting to think that I won't hit my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment