Monday, September 12, 2011

My First Produce Auction Part 3 - Recap

Read Part 1 Here
Read Part 2 Here

I would say that my first produce auction was extremely successful. I will definitly be heading back. I would like to go back in a month or so just to see what is in season and what is offered. Next year I will be planning a lot of my canning around what I can get at these auctions.

Produce auctions are a great way to get large lots of locally grown produce. At this particular auction I was able to pay a fraction of what it would cost me to buy these items at the store, well except for the green beans. I will end this post with a video that Juliecache and I did talking about the auction. If you missed it, you can also read Part 1 and Part 2 of this series here.

Have you ever been to a produce auction? Tell me about it. This post is linked to the Frugal Tuesday Tip hosted here at Learning the Frugal Life.

Watch live streaming video from threesisters at livestream.com

No comments:

Post a Comment