Thursday, August 4, 2016

No Spend Challenge

I wanted to do a no spend challenge for the month of August but I kind of dropped the ball, neglecting to invite you all to join me in time.  It's probably better that I wait since there will be some expenses this month with kids going back to school at the end of the month.  So, I have decided to do a no spend challenge for the month of September and would like anyone who is interested to join me.

Image result for no spending

I love having no spend challenges.  It gives me a challenge, gets our pantry cleaned out, makes us resourceful and also gives me a little extra money at the end of the month.  My plan is to blog at the end of each week and let you know how my family did.  
Here are my goals...

1.  I'd like to keep my grocery budget to $100 for the month.  We really need to get our pantry and freezers cleaned out so all meal planning will be revolved around what we already have.

2.  No eating out.

3.  No purchases unless absolutely necessary!!

What do you think?  Would you like to join me?  You can make up your own goals and we can check in with each other at the end of each week!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm in. I just stocked up on boneless, skinless chicken breast value packs at Fresh Thyme for $1.77/lb. today. Also, eggs were $0.88/dozen.

    ReplyDelete