Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

Each week I will be posting a list of the frugal things I did for the week. If you want to see more ideas please visit Jennifer at Getting Ahead.

*Had hubby replace thermostat himself instead of the furnace repair man saving us $130.
*I didn't leave the house much this week so we haven't put gas in the van for 1 1/2 weeks and I am still at 3/4 of a tank!
*Washed all laundry in cold water.
*Kept heat at 67/day and 65/night.
*Made 6 loaves of homemade bread.
*Cooked every meal at home.
*Went to the library, mall play ground, and the pet store for free entertainment this week.

Please feel free to share any things you did this week to save money!

3 comments:

  1. Have you found a good recipe for homemade sandwich bread? I've yet to find a good one that isn't too dense or doesn't get too dry for sandwiches. Or maybe we just prefer the really fresh stuff for sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not found a sandwich bread recipe that I like. The ones I am making we have been eating just with butter or toasting it. The bread is very dense. I am with you and like very soft bread for sandwiches. I have a few more recipes to try so I will let you know if I find anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is such a great idea, Sara. This will definitely help people like me who are too lazy to go out and find these deals and ideas ourselves. You really are a supermom!

    ReplyDelete