Monday, March 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Here is what is on the menu for the week.

Monday...Hamburgers on the grill, potatoes cut thin and grilled, fruit and broccoli
Tuesday...St. Patrick's Day~not sure of our menu yet. Making green eggs for breakfast!
Wednesday...Chicken Noodles (we didn't get to this last week) and biscuits ~recipe below
Thursday...BBQ beef sandwiches, corn, Jello and fruit ~recipe below
Friday...Steak, baked potato, homemade bread grilled, fruit
Saturday...leftovers

Easy Chicken Noodles
Boil a whole chicken. I usually pick up a small 2-3 pound chicken for a couple bucks. Boil chicken until it falls off the bone. Pull chicken out and let cool, saving water the chicken was boiled in. De-bone the chicken and put it back into the broth. Add 1-2 packages of frozen egg noodles. Cook till noodles are done. I like to add a little flour to my broth to thicken it up.

Serve over mashed potatoes or biscuits.

BBQ Beef
This will be my fist attempt at making this. I am just going to take beef sirloin, saute it and cut it into thin strips. Then I will place it into the crockpot on low with some BBQ sauce. I am hoping it will work! I'll let you know. I am going to serve it on a bun.

For other menu ideas head over to I'm an Organized Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment