Friday, March 13, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

It is Friday again and time for the weekly wrap up over at Getting Ahead. This week was pretty good for us. Our Entertainment money for the month is pretty much gone though so that is a bummer since we still have half the month left.

Here are some of the things we did this week to be frugal.

*Today we are having a baking day. So far I have gotten done or almost done 6 loaves of white/wheat bread.
*I bought very minimal groceries this week. It was basically just a stock up week for me.
*We ate dinner every night at home.
*I got lots of freebies in the mail and signed up for lots more.
*I made some new preschool matching games for my toddler and preschooler. You can see those here.

Plus I did all the things that have become habit for me already which includes washing clothes in cold water, turning the heat cycle off the dishwater, keeping the lights off (even better now that we gained an hour of extra sunlight) washing ziplocks, and using cloth napkins. My compost container is working out nice when I remember to use it! I am hoping next weekend hubby can start building a box outside for me.

How did you do this week? Head over to Jennifer's blog to see what others have done this week.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you're doing a great job!

    i want to start composting - i need to read up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week. I need to have a baking day, I am behind on things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! I love to do baking days to make it easier for the rest of the week (S). :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baking also! This week all I did were the muffins though.

    ReplyDelete