Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eat From the Pantry Challenge Update~Week 2

I feel like I had another good week this week. We got through more of our freezer stock. I know I still have lots of items in there that are probably reaching their freezing peak. We did great sticking to our meal plan and didn't eat out at all this week.

I spent about $20 on groceries for the week. My first trip I spent $15. I did make another run to Fareway on Wednesday and I spent another $5.xx. I bought 2 packages of lunch meat and 2 packages of tortillas. I skipped Target and Wal-Mart altogether this week.

I didn't buy any bread this week cause I stocked up last week. I think I still have about 4 loaves in the freezer. I am almost out of milk, so I may need to make a run this weekend to pick some up. I had a good stock of block cheese in the freezer so I used up one of those. We are doing ok on our fruits and veggies. I had quite a bit of canned peaches left so we ate on those 3 nights this week. I am needing some fresh veggies. I only have carrots left. Next week I will for sure need to get some produce and dairy.

So far I have spent a total of $70 for groceries for the month. My goal is to stay under $250.

How did you do this week? Leave a link to your post below. Link back to my page so others can see how your doing!



2 comments:

  1. Wow congrats!!! You are doing great. I'm jealous we don't have a freezer, but soon I'll be up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You're doing great. I'm not doing so well with the challenge myself. I really need to just stay out of the stores.

    ReplyDelete