Saturday, June 6, 2009

No Spend Challenge

As you recall back in January my family did a 30 days of nothing challenge. I really enjoyed it and we learned alot and saved alot. I am frustrated with our finances and we are getting ready to make a really huge purchase which is going to drain our savings and I am ready to do another challenge. Anyone want to jump on board?

The only problem I am having is picking a good time to do it. We are going on vacation in July. I already have the money set back for that though, so there shouldn't be a whole lot of additional expense. Maybe August? I would like to do a no spend month now and then again in January. I will think about it over this weekend and then let everyone know what I come up with. Let me know if you want to join in.

6 comments:

  1. What are the rules of the challenge? I think I might have to start out with a babystep of a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some decent at home Chinese food recipes, if you want them for your next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rules vary really from person to person. My rules would be to not spend any money on anything that isn't considered a necessity. Necessity in my books are things like medical bills, housing expenses, groceries, gas things like that. I would cut out our entertainment costs. Our movies, icecream trips. No eating out. I would cut our grocery budget back and eat from the pantry as much as possible. You can make it as strict as you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cam! I am always up for homemade Chinese food recipes! You must have remembered how hard it was for us to give up our Chinese dinners out! It is so sweet of you to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. August is good when you have a garden. I"m craving tomatoes already and we have a month left to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I don't even know if I can handle a no-spend day :0 I would like to try it though, if only for a week!

    ReplyDelete