Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden Update


I have spent many hours in the garden this week. I got all the weeds picked and a new layer of grass clippings laid down to use as mulch. Everything is recovering nicely from the incident with the deer. Shortly after planting, some of my plants got chewed on by deer. I was afraid they weren't going to make it but I have only completely lost one cucumber plant. I have one watermelon that is still struggling but everything else I think will be ok.

For some reason I didn't get any green beans or spinach up. And very few of my snap peas germinated. Everything else is doing great. I even have my first tomato coming.My apple tree that the kids gave me for Mothers Day is doing really well. I was looking at it today and saw that I actually have 3 apples on it! I picked some lettuce tonight. I also watered the garden with my rain barrels. I so enjoy having the barrels and they work great.

I love being able to have my own garden. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. It is like my baby. I check on it daily. I look forward to going out there each day to see what awaits me.

How is your garden doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment