Friday, August 13, 2010

Berry Smoothie

Here is my new favorite love. I have been making berry smoothies for my lunch on some days. Other days we have them for snack. The kids can't get enough of them too. It is a great snack on a hot day.

I am going through my stash of frozen strawberries that I harvested from my garden pretty fast so I guess I have to slow down on them for a bit, but my are they tasty! And so easy to make. Just pour 1/2-3/4 cup yogurt into a blender. I use Stonyfield Farm Organic French Vanilla. Add 1/4 cup milk, a handfull of frozen strawberries and a handful of blueberries. Blend until smooth. So healthy and delicious!

3 comments:

  1. I make smoothies all the time! I actually had one for breakfast. I use the Stonyfield yogurt too, or I have been using Greek yogurt. It pumps up the protein quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dairy is your milk from? I haven't seen glass milk jars in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This milk is from Sheeder Cloverleaf Dairy out of Guthrie Center Iowa. You can get it at the Ankeny Hy-Vee.

    ReplyDelete