While discussing the letter "A" the other day with my preschoolers we decided to try making our own homemade playdough. And whats better than playdough is Apple smelling playdough. This stuff smelled so good you just wanted to sniff it instead of playing with it! At least I did. Here is the recipe.
* 1 cup of flour
* 1/2 cup of salt
* 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon of cream of tarter
* 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
* 1/2 cup of water
* 1/2 cup of apple juice
* red food coloring (add until you get desired color)
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large sauce pan.
2. Place on medium high heat on the stove
3. Stir frequently until the dough starts pulling away from the sides of the pan.
4. Remove from the stove.
5. Once the dough has cooled enough to handle knead the dough.
6. Place it in an airtight container.
Thanks Bubbles, Balloons and Blessings for this great recipe!