Monday, May 16, 2011

Clean Sinks

I used to spend money on store bought cleaning supplies. I have pretty much eliminated most of those products now. I have switched over my cleaners to safe, simple, homemade recipes. For my sinks I have been using plain ol baking soda. A couple of shakes is all you need. It works great on the porcelain and gets all the stains and gunk off.

The other great thing about cleaning with baking soda? It's so safe even my pre-schoolers can use it. Here are some recipes for other homemade cleaners.

All-Purpose Cleaner

Homemade Laundry Soap
Glass Cleaner
Oven Cleaner

This post is linked to the Frugal Tuesday Tip.

4 comments:

  1. me, too. Thanks to Maria for opening my mind to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got a porcelain sink and I'm having a hard time keeping it clean. I was just thinking I needed to try baking soda. Timely tip! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking soda has saved me multiple times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just blogged on your tip...had a very dirty sink about 20 minutes ago. Now it's nice and sparkly!

    http://simplifylivelove.blogspot.com/2011/05/shiny-sink.html

    ReplyDelete