Monday, June 27, 2011

U-Pick Farms

Today we visited a local U-pick farm and picked strawberries. My own strawberry patch produced pretty well this year, but I didn't get near the amount of berries I wanted to stock my freezer.

We actually hit the end of the season on picking strawberries but we still did well. In just under an hour we picked nearly 20 lbs. Having 4 boys helping me made it a whole lot easier.

Last year we visited the same U-Pick farm, The Berry Patch and picked apples, raspberries and blueberries.

I love U-Pick or Pick Your Own farms because, like the name, you pick your own. You can choose the freshest, best quality produce. I also like supporting our local farmers.

To find a U-Pick farm near you visit www.pickyourown.org.

This post is linked to the Frugal Tuesday Tip.

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! Iam so sad Strawberry season is over already!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not over in Wilton...Come on out and pick some at Mays Berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of berries! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete