Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So long for now...

It has taken me a couple weeks to figure out how to write this post.  So here goes.

I am going to stop blogging.  There I said it.  I don't know for how long.  Maybe a couple months, maybe a year, maybe forever.  I just don't know.  I am going to keep my site open so that anyone who wants to look back through it is welcome to.

I took some blogging breaks in the past in hopes of having things calm down and maybe, just maybe I would find my bloggy mojo again.  It didn't help and I feel like it is more "work" than fun at the moment.  While there is still TONS of frugal ideas and ways of living out there I feel like I have exhausted alot of the information I have to share with you.  

Thank you to all the loyal readers for staying here to read through all the ups and down.  Thanks for the emails you have sent and the comments you have left.  It has meant the world to me to hear how I have helped someone out in some small way.

Since I am not blogging anymore that also means the Frugal Tuesday Tip that is hosted here each Tuesday is also going to end.  Thanks to all the bloggers out there who have linked up each week.  I have come away with alot of useful information.  I also want to thank my co-hosts Julia at juliecache.com and Jennifer from gettingaheadblog.com.  We had a good run-over 2 years!

So as they say in the movies...it's not goodbye, but so long.  Hopefully I'll see you again some day.


19 comments:

  1. Thank you for a lovely site & for hosting a lovely blog-hop. Hope you'll get rested up & maybe we'll see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your blog, thanks for all of your hard work, you will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara! I'm so sorry you've decided to do this, but I understand! Thanks for your faithfulness in the past to always have interesting and informative posts! I hope you'll be back one day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessing to you and your family as this page turns in your life story. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed your blog, but totally understand needing to attend to family. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed coming here weekly and checking out the other Frugal Tips ... but I totally understand having to give up one thing to take care of another ... hopefully the break for however long will serve it's purpose ... and fingers crossed that it's just a 'vacation' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a time for everything. I am going to do the tip I heard last week - every seven weeks take a week off - it sounded so great. So that's my sanity... looking forward to the break.
    Hope to see you back here again when you are refreshed.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your blog! I have learned much. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll miss your posts, but I definitely understand the need to take a break. I pray that you will find the much-needed rest you need. I pray it will be a time of blessing for you and your family, too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear this is the end, but I completely understand how it adds to your workload! Will miss your chicken updates, amongst other things :)

    Will you post occasionally on Facebook? Good luck to you and your family, I've enjoyed your blog.

    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all of your contributions over the past few years. I will miss them! I hope you get the rest you need and are refreshed. Blessings~
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry to see you go but i totally understand the busy-ness of life vs blogging love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will be missed and I loved this hop, I'm sorry to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I quite blogging awhile ago.. so not worth it! Kids and family come first.. life...etc. If you are going down to get fresh fruit again please email me... would love to go with/without you.. christel2go@yahoo.com THANKS! (I am the one who ran into you at walgreens a long time ago and then again at a garage sale in Ankeny.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll miss you! Good luck with future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have enjoyed your blog and will miss it, but I can understand that real life takes precedence! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping everything is still moving smoothly along ... theres a time and a place for everything and right now is NOT the time for blogging :) I will keep checking back because I LOVE the frugal life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been good to fallow you, As Your old Gramps I'm proud of you also. Along with the rest of my Grandchildren, I'm proud to to have such a loving, Sharing, Being There For Family Group. Love You All..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to go back and read the rest. I love to save money and do a fine job, if I dont say myself. All my friends come to me for advice. Where is everyone from? I live in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete