Monday, August 1, 2016

Garden Update

I really enjoy gardening.  There is something so sweet about knowing exactly where your food comes from.  I started off the gardening season a little nervous.  My plants didn't seem to be growing very well.  None of my green beans came up.  I'm not sure if I had bad seeds or if something ate them.  I had to replant my squash, zucchini, and cucumbers because they didn't come up.

Finally things are rolling.  My tomatoes have gone absolutely crazy!  They have outgrown the tomato cages!  My green peppers are doing great.  Usually that is the one thing that does not grow in my garden.  However this year is different.  ALL my peppers are thriving and I have already gotten about a dozen beautiful peppers this season.  Here are some pictures of my tomatoes and peppers.

This was just part of today's harvest. 

It's time to get out the canner!  I love growing our own food!  

What is growing in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment