Friday, May 15, 2020

Gardening Part 3 - Time to Plant

Now that we have our pots and dirt, we are ready to plant!  Oh wait, we need seeds.  We acquired some seeds from my in-laws but still needed a few more.  The hubby and I decided we would make a trip into Menards to get the rest of what we needed.  We ended up going in at 7am on a weekday, which was perfect.  The store wasn't busy and we were able to get in and out in 30 minutes!  

Here is what we purchased.  We also purchased plastic trays to put under the pots.  We spent about $40 on plants, seeds and trays.  I also had a $19 rebate check that we used so total spent on our container garden was roughly $21.


All in said and done we planted 25 containers. 
Cherry Tomatos
Patio Tomatos
Squash
Cucumbers
Lettuce
Spinach
Radish
Peppers
Beets

We also have an herb garden, but I'll blog about that later!   
We placed a pallet at the bottom of our stairs. I am hoping that will keep the critters out.  My family is really looking forward to growing some of our own food again!

No comments:

Post a Comment