Saturday, May 2, 2020

Long time, no blog

3 years and almost 7 months, that's how long it's been since my last blog post.  Wow!  Time sure does fly!  A LOT has happened in the last 3 and 1/2 years.  We moved to a new house, our second oldest son moved out and joined the National Guard, I got a new job, we've added 5 (soon to be 6) new members to the Figgins clan, and COVID-19!!  What?!?!

Let's start with a little update. 

In July 2017, we moved from our home of 15 years into town.  Our longterm goal (and my dream) was to move to the country away from people, have our own land, garden, farm and raise our children.  However, when it came down to it, circumstances and finances wouldn't allow that.  So our focus changed to finding a home we loved and most importantly a good town and school district for our children.  That landed us in Polk City, IA.  It's been a HUGE change for us, but we are starting to get a little more comfortable.  We miss our friends dearly, but thankfully we are only about 15 minutes away :)

The week we moved, we ended up packing up the family roadster and drove 20 hours to meet our first granddaughter!!  My son and his wife, who are stationed at Fort Drum in New York welcomed a baby girl July 4th, 2017.  We barely adjusted to being called "grandparents" when a year later, my grandson was born.  The whirlwind continues and 3 months ago they welcomed TWIN girls the family.  Yes, 4 kids, under 3 years old.  I love every ounce of those little minions, just wish they lived closer.  Thank goodness for technology so we can keep up and watch how quickly they grow.

My second oldest T, moved out in January 2018.  A huge milestone for him.  He works full time, met a wonderful girl, joined the National Guard in December of 2019, and will welcome his first baby (another girl) in June!!  So, as you can see our family is quickly growing!

That leaves my husband and I with the 3 littles still at home.  They are not so little anymore sadly.  B is 14, D is 13, and E is 9.  They always say the older you get the faster time goes and that is so true.  Trying to soak up the last few years the boys have left at home and trying to learn and play with my daughter while she still likes me :)

The hubby is still grinding away at the same job he has had for 15+ years in IT.  He's amazing, my rock and best friend (insert mushy eye roll here).  In August 2018 I left the medical clinic where I was a medical assistant for an amazing doctor and took a new job in the health office at our high school.  It was a difficult move for me, as most career moves are when you leave some place you have grown to love and has become like a second family.  It was challenging starting a new job in a new place, being the new kid in town.  Not everyone likes the new kid, but I have grown, learned, and dealt with the challenges thrown at me and because of that, have become a better, more mature person.  I cherish the new friendships I've made with the students, staff, and families in the community. 

Whew, that was a lot of information shared!  I'm excited to be back blogging.  I've rolled the idea around in my head the last few months and I'm finally getting the extra push I need.  The world is in a state of chaos at the moment (hasn't it always been tho?) and my goal of blogging it to help others with some tips, tricks, and other ways to help families save money, eat healthier and love life just a little more! 

5 comments:

  1. I love Your blog's, Just wish I had the way with words that You have. Please keep them coming! ( I mighty be just a bit bias ) But I have the right because I'm Gramp's :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having you as the new kid ❤️. I look forward to reading your blog and can't wait until I can give you more than an air hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! This is really awesome. Can't wait to read more. Miss your face, sis! ❤

    ReplyDelete