Friday, February 6, 2009

Cloth Napkins


How many of you use cloth napkins? I am thinking about making the switch. Not that I think I will be saving a TON of money but I do purchase paper napkins every other month or so. And my younger boys are always wanting me to wipe them down with a washcloth anyway so why not make the switch? I have been talking to my sister trying to figure out the best way to go about doing this.

I have some cloth napkins that were given to us for a wedding gift. I actually don't like them because they are not absorbent at all. If you spill something it actually pushes the spill away not soak it up. I also have a few other napkins that are white. Not really what I am wanting with 4 messy boys in the house. So, I have been thinking about making my own. I am not really sure what fabric to use. My sis said she heard flannel was good. Anyone use flannel or have experience with flannel? I bought the above fabric at Wal-Mart the other day for $1.97/yard. I should be able to make about 10 napkins from this. Much cheaper than going out and buying already made ones. I am not sure what kind of fabric it is. I figured my goal this weekend was to make one and see how it looks/works.

Anyone have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment