Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

Is it really Friday? I have no idea what happened this week. It is time again for the Weekly Wrap Up over at Getting Ahead. Here is what I did this week to be frugal.

*Took advantage of the Zoo membership we got for Christmas from grandparents and took the kids this week. We took our own lunch so we spent no money!
* I really paid attention to my recyclables this week. We didn't produce that much trash, but my recycle bin was very full!
*We ate dinner each night at home except Monday. Mondays are so hectic for us.
*I filled out rebates for items at Menards.
*Shopped at Goodwill for some clothes for the family. Only spent $15 for 5 items.
*The weather was so nice I had the heat off almost all week.
*I stocked up on cheap meat big time at Target this week.
*Filled up our play area with FREE mulch!
*We are preparing to plant some seedlings this weekend to get prepared for our garden!

How did you do? Head over to Getting Ahead to see how others did this week.

3 comments:

  1. You had a great week, I wish we had a super target, so I could get meat too. I keep seeing people doing that deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week!! We're still in the planning stages of our garden. My husband is building me a square foot garden box to have a salad garden!! We plant everything else in our flowerbed and in containers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked some nice days to enjoy the zoo!

    Sounds like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete