Saturday, May 28, 2011

Homemade Baby Food - Bananas

Bananas are the easiest thing to make for babies. In fact the first couple times I feed them to my daughter I just put them in a bowl and mashed them really well with a fork. I wanted to make a bigger batch to freeze so here is how I did it.

Peel and place bananas in a blender or food processor. I added just a little bit of water to keep the blender going.That's it. I poured the pureed banana into ice cube trays to freeze. Once they are frozen I place them in a bag in the freezer.

Typically each cube is about an ounce. So you can use that as a reference when you are trying to figure out how much to feed your baby.

Next up, apples and carrots. Learn how to make sweet potatoes here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear from another frugal Iowan blogger. Feel free to visit my site as well www.thesecrettosaving.blogspot.com I feature weekly deal match-ups for Hy-Vee, Fareway, Dahl's, Aldi's, Wal-Greens, Wal-Mart, Target and Dollar General as well as features including free samples, frugal tips and ideas and secrets the stores dont want you to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making baby food and my son loves banana baby food! I didn't know this would freeze well, I gotta try it!

    Stopping by from the blog hop!
    http://captainfussybuckets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete