Wednesday, September 21, 2016

DIY Canning Lid Pumpkin

Here is another fun project I found on the web, a canning lid pumpkin!  And since I have an abundance of canning lids I thought this would be perfect.  Here is what you'll need.



16-20 canning lids-depends on how many you have and how full you want your pumpkin.
Orange spray paint (Walmart $3.98)
Yarn or string
Cinnamon sticks


First you will want to lay out your lids on a box or newspaper and spray them with the paint.  Let them dry a couple hours and flip the over and spray the other side, trying to hit all the edges.

Once dry place all the lids together making sure they all face the same way, this is key.  You can use yarn or string (I used butchers rope cause that all I could find) and tie the lids tightly together. Once tied fan out the lids to make your pumpkin shape.  Place 3-4 cinnamon sticks in the center for a stem.  If you don't have cinnamon sticks a plain ol' stick from outside will do!

I love the rustic look!  Super cute and easy to make.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea, I plan on doing something like this but instead of painting, I plan on putting strips of orange scrap book paper on the bands! thx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete