Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Little Bit of Summer...

in the dead of Winter. This past week we have enjoyed lots of Summer produce. For instance,the other night for dinner we had fresh canned peaches with our meal. For lunch yesterday we had applesauce that I preserved back in September. When I made chili the other night I used green and red peppers that were grown in our garden and then diced up and frozen. We have also been enjoying our homemade salsa that I thought we made so much of. Little did I know how much of that my husband could eat!

There is nothing better than having a little taste of your garden in February, it definitely works for me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    I just wanted to drop you a note to say I really enjoy reading your posts. They are so friendly and honest. And reading things like your post today make me think, hey, maybe this summer I can process a huge batch of peaches to eat when it is 3-degrees out too! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kimberly. I love reading your posts. And just think of all the stuff you'll preserve this summer in your expanded garden. Can't wait to taste your strawberry jam.
    Love ya, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kimberely! Reading comments like that make me feel really good.

    Thank you too Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! We are also eating like kings thanks to all the produce we grew and preserved last year. Tonight it's tomato soup I pulled out of the freezer. In the fridge is some homemade applesauce and grape juice made in the fall. It feels so good to eat stuff you grew and preserved yourself :) I'm glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete