Monday, June 13, 2011

Homemade Baby Food - Apples

I have made baby food using sweet potatoes and bananas, next up is apples. I made applesauce a couple years ago and this was very similar.

I used organic Fuji apples. You can use any type of apple, I just tried to stay away from anything tart.
Peel, core and slice apples. Place in pan and add water till apples are covered. This is tricky because the apples float, so I just pushed them down to make sure the water would cover them.Cook apples over medium heat until tender. I cooked them for about 30 minutes.
Remove from stove and allow to cool. Ladle apples into blender or food processor. Save the juice they were cooked in and add to apples if you desire a thinner consistency.

Spoon applesauce into ice cube trays and freeze for future use.

4 comments:

  1. Homemade applesauce is the best!

    I am a new follower from the Totally Tuesday hop! I'd love it if you came by to follow back. Thanks!

    ~Holly
    Twins Plus One, Three Times the Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from your latest follower. I found you blog hopping. Love your recipie. Be sure to check out me out at www.autismconnects.blogspot.com. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Tuesday hop, following you now on GFC! Would love if you'd return the favor, thanks!
    www.thriftymomspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you needed a special apparatus for applesauce. Glad to know you can make it this way, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete