Saturday, July 16, 2011

Homemade Baby Food - Green Beans

We have moved onto greens at our house. My daughter just turned 8 months old and so far I have made all her baby food with good outcomes. She however is not a fan of green beans. I may just start giving her the cooked beans as finger foods and see how she does with that. If you are interested in making baby food here is how I did my beans.

I selected a batch of organic green beans from a local farmer's market since my beans that are in my garden are slow growing. Clean and snap green beans.
You can either steam or boil the beans. I chose to boil mine. I added the beans to a pan and then barely covered with water. I boiled mine with the lid on for about 13 minutes.
Once cooled, I added the beans to the food processor. Beans are a little stringy so I ended up adding them to the blender with a little bit of water afterwards and pureed them to a thinner consistency. I saved some in the fridge to give to the baby and froze the rest in ice cube trays for later.

Learn how to make homemade baby food using...

Apples
Bananas
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment